“You have Cancer” are the most earth-shattering words anyone can hear. However, cancer can be beaten. That is certainly the case with Oral Cancer.
Shying away from the topic doesn’t make the issue go away. The best way to stay ahead of cancer is to have an annual Oral Cancer Exam with Dr. William S. Neale. He’s your local periodontist in Wichita Falls, Texas.
Potential Signs of Cancer
Early detection and appropriate treatments are the best way to play it safe with Oral Cancer. Some of the signs to watch for between checkups with Dr. Neale are:
• Red Patches and Sores – These may occur on the lips, the mouth walls, or the tongue. If you notice any changes in coloration in your mouth, see Dr. Neale.
• White Lesions – An incidence of white or gray lesions in the mouth can be an indication of potential cancer. Don’t delay. See Dr. Neale right away.
• Lumps – Lumps forming in the mouth or throat may be an indication of cancerous growth. See Dr. Neale today.
These are the more typical indications of potential cancer. The best way to be sure is to visit Dr. Neale especially if you have any signs of change that worry you. The best prevention is to see him yearly.
If You Smoke or Drink
If you smoke or drink, your exposure to Oral Cancer increases by about 75%. More than 3,000 people die each year from Oral Cancer. You can reduce your exposure by committing to quit smoking and drinking.
Oral Cancer Exam
There’s no pain during the Exam, but much to gain. Get the peace of mind you deserve by having an annual Oral Cancer Exam and be sure of two things:
• You don’t have Oral Cancer.
• You caught it early enough for treatments to be effective.
During the Exam, Dr. Neale will visually inspect all parts of your mouth. He’ll feel for any lumps or abnormalities. He will also take the opportunity to “look with a laser”. That enables him to identify changes that may occur below the gum line.
Treatment of Oral Cancer
Cancer treatments are very effective when detected at an early stage. Annual Oral Exams with Dr. Neale are your best line of defense. Don’t delay if you think you have an unexplained change in your mouth or haven’t had an Oral Cancer Exam for more than one year. Get the peace of mind you deserve and make an appointment today.
Call Dr. Neale’s office at (940) 322-0758 or contact him through the Website.